Espresso Rum Fudge
Fudge is a very good last minute, hand-made present for all your loved family and friends. This is a foolproof recipe and the flavor can be suited to anybody’s taste: if you don’t like espresso or rum, just add raisins, walnuts, almonds, Bailey’s, or white chocolate. All of them are absolutely delicious!
You will need:
1 tin of condensed milk (appr 397 gr)
100 gr brown sugar 1 vanilla pod (or a teaspoon vanilla paste)
55 gr unsalted butter
3 heaped teaspoon Nescafe granules
100 gr dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
2 tbsp rum pinch of salt
pinch of bicarbonate of soda
some flaked almond for the topping
1. Pour the condensed milk into a pan. Add sugar, butter, salt, bicarbonate of soda and the scattered vanilla seeds. Heat on low until the sugar is dissolved. Keep stirring!
2. After 8-10 minutes the mixture is about 113-116 C, very hot. This stage is soft ball form, which means if you drop a tiny portion fudge into a glass of water it shapes a a round tear or ball. So remove from the hob then add the diced chocolate or chocolate chips, rum and nescaffe granules. Stir until chocolate is melted.
3. Meanwhile line a cc 12 X18 cm rectangle shape tin with baking paper.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin then leave to cool on room temperature for an hour. Then keep in the fridge until served. Dice nicely before serving on a chopping board.
5. If you make it as a present wrap into plastic bags or nice, colorful paper.